Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Upcoming Paul Levitz Interview

I suppose I should mention that our intrepid correspondents at the Legion of Substitute Podcasters have scored an interview with Paul Levitz that they'll be making available to those of us in the hoi polloi on Monday the 8th. Generally their podcasts come online at about 9 in the morning (Eastern time), but don't everybody rush the site at once and clog up the downloading for the rest of us; it gets annoying. In the past they've interviewed Francis Manapul and Tony Bedard; the Manapul interview was particularly excellent. It would not be overly strange if Levitz and the boys touched on many subjects of interest to us, and I'm looking forward to it. Mark your calendars.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rdb said...

Matt, this fun interview kept me awake until after midnight last night. I am just overwhelmed by how amazing a guy Paul Levitz is -- he's smart, funny, interesting, insightful, surprising. I LOVED his insights on the "perfect future" of the Legion vs. the current xenophobia storyline. I imagine now that he will do something pretty interesting with that. I'm thrilled to hear he is coming to C2E2, which is about 5 minutes from my home.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Legion's natural enemy is xenophobia. Geoff Johns didn't invent it, of course; the writers of the reboot Legion were the ones to develop it as a major Legion theme. I'm glad that Levitz recognizes that, though.

Hard not to be optimistic about Levitz's upcoming work. He's obviously got several admirable and useful personal and professional qualities, and is likable to go along with it. Even if he does nothing more than the kind of stuff we've already seen from him, that'll still be okay.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home