Thursday, June 23, 2011

Legion of Super-Heroes #14 Review, and More

What Happened That You Need to Know About:

Immortus is winning a fight against Wildfire and Ultra Boy, when the Titanian refugees intervene and pacify him. Elsewhere, Saturn Queen kills Akka so that the blue space waif can power up Hunter enough so that he can find Utopia, which he does, and the LSV go there and start trashing the place.

Meanwhile, Harmonia Li stops the procedure Brainiac 5 and Dream Girl were performing on Star Boy and they all, with Mon-El's ring construct, take off for Li's home planet, Utopia, the mysterious wisdom planet; they meet Dawnstar and Mon-El and Dyogene. And, I guess, the other Legionnaires, all in Legion cruisers.

Also Dreamy has a future-vision of a funeral at Shanghalla in which Brainy tells her that Star Boy's power won a battle.

Review:

Man, Saturn Queen isn't careful with her personnel, is she? She's lost Immortus, Micro Lad, Akka... The only thing that's keeping me from saying that she's being reckless or short-sighted is that I know perfectly well that she doesn't even want any long-term plans in the first place.

This doesn't usually happen, but it felt like the size of the cast was getting away from Levitz this issue. Star Boy only had a couple of lines, and his silence was noticeable the rest of the time. What kind of shape is he in? Crazy or not? We can't tell; he won't talk.

Short issue. 81 panels? Come on. Plus it's a short issue in the middle of an action-heavy arc. Obviously we made progress this time, as everyone's converging on Utopia, and a couple of LSVers got taken off the board. But it seemed like a pretty flimsy issue anyway. I swear I'm going to have to go back and reread this run of comics and see what it's like in retrospect.

What's the advantage of a world of wisdom that nobody can get to? Okay, they're wise. How do you learn from them if they aren't around? What would be different if Saturn Queen wasted the place? I would like this explained to me. It's supposed to be one of the foundations of civilization, right?

Notes:
- Immortus is looking more and more like the Doom Patrol villain General Immortus, isn't he?
- ...but what's he being set up for? Anytime a comic can make me ask stuff like that, it's a plus
- So the blue space waif has a master? Huh
- What exactly is so wise about "the end justifies the means," the way Prof. Li was trying to talk Dreamy around?
- I wonder if there's anyone we know living on Utopia
- the part where Ultra Boy talked about Superman; that was good

Art: 81 panels/20 pages = 4.1 panels/page. One single-panel page. This month the art was brought to us by Fernando Dagnino, and it's okay for a fill-in. I actually like the way he makes the Utopia wisdom-planet look; it's neat. But Saturn Queen's smile, glittery mad in previous issues, is just kind of goony here, and check out Ultra Boy at the bottom of page 6. Looking forward to Portela's return.

In Other News:

We know more now about what DC's going to be doing with the Legion once Flashpoint is over and done with: LSHv6 will end and be replaced with LSHv7, starting at #1, written by Paul Levitz and drawn by Francis Portela. No more Legion in Adventure, but we will get a Legion Lost series, featuring seven Legionnaires (Wildfire, Dawnstar, Yera, Gates, Timber Wolf, Tellus, and Tyroc) stuck in the present day, written by Fabian Nicieza and drawn by Pete Woods. Also, according to Dan DiDio, there will be no significant changes to Legion continuity; it'll be one of the least altered of all DC's titles in that respect.

All of which is not too bad.

Like almost all Legion fans, I have a lot of affection for Paul Levitz and his writing. There's no way to construe it as bad news that he's going to be continuing as Legion writer. I've been enjoying this his third run on the Legion, and I expect to continue to enjoy it. Only thing is... we sorta already know what we're getting with Levitz. He really stretched himself out on his first and second runs, but I'm not sure that he's doing the same thing now. Maybe he is. I don't know if the results of his third run deserve to be compared to those of his second run, though, or if they ever will. I do know that I would like to see what someone new has to bring to the franchise. Someone like, oh, maybe Matthew K. Manning, who did such a great job on his three issues of LSH31C. Or Chris Roberson, a big Legion fan who's fresh off rescuing the Superman title and who's boiling over with big ideas. Or even Mark Waid or Keith Giffen (or both together!), who certainly have had their chances in the past to shape the Legion, like Levitz... but, unlike Levitz, who never seemed to approach the end of what they had to say about these characters.

I am reliably assured that Fabian Nicieza is well supplied with the technical skill and adroitness necessary to handle an ensemble book like the Legion, especially when boiled down to seven characters. And he also is a big Legion fan. I've never read any of his stuff that I recall, but I'm perfectly happy to find out what he brings to the table.

Obviously there's no problem with Portela or Woods. What, are you kidding me?

I do have a couple of qualms about the storylines. I've read a couple of interviews with Nicieza where he talks about the premise of Legion Lost. My worry was that if you take these seven and isolate them in the 21st century, does your comic book lose some of its basic Legion-ness? And Nicieza seems to be aware that this is indeed a concern. Which is all I need to know; as long as he's aware of the problem, I'm not really worried about what it is he's doing about it.

It's kind of funny that DC would make a specific point of preserving retroboot Legion continuity when a) they didn't show any such consideration for the post-Crisis Legion, or the Five Years Later Legion, or the reboot Legion, or the threeboot Legion, or the animated Legion, and b) the retroboot Legion hasn't been around long enough for anyone to get attached to it. Except, of course, that we're all supposed to pretend that the retroboot Legion is the same as the original Legion, which we're also supposed to pretend is the only version of the Legion anybody ever cared about, and enough people are willing to go along that DC finds it worth sticking with.

One thing though. Look again at that lineup of characters in Legion Lost, and take note of what decade each of them were introduced in. Wildfire, '70s. Dawnstar, '70s. Yera, '80s. Gates, '90s. Timber Wolf, late '60s. Tellus, '80s. Tyroc, '70s. Removing this crowd from the Legion makes the remaining Legion very, what shall we call it, very Adventure-Comics-centric. I worry that this is a way of making the retroboot Legion extra-nostalgic.

Who's all left in the 31st-century Legion, after this? Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy, Star Boy, Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Shrinking Violet, Sun Boy, Colossal Boy, Chameleon Boy, Element Lad, Lightning Lass, Polar Boy, and Dream Girl, all from the early Adventure era, plus Shadow Lass (late Adventure), Invisible Kid ('80s, but a legacy version of an Adventure era character), Earth-Man ('70s), and Quislet ('80s). Of course, one of these characters is presumably going to die, as per solicitation text, so there's something going on we don't know about. Also, we don't know what's going to happen with XS ('90s), not to mention the long-rumoured Karate Kid III, and there are a lot of Academy students around who could be pressed into service, some new and some less new, not to mention Night Girl, Bouncing Boy, and Duplicate Girl, all from the Adventure era.

If there's going to be any new blood in the Legion, it's probably going to come from whatever new recruits they get from the Academy. And I'm not really sold on any of the new Levitz-Jimenez characters. They've got potential, certainly. I don't know if I'm ready to hand any of them flight rings yet. Nightwind, sure. Power Boy, maybe once you explain to me what his new powers are, but maybe not. Lamprey, no; Cosmic Boy convinced me a few issues of Adventure ago. Comet Queen, well, she's a lot of fun and everything, but you can't convince me she'd actually be up to the job.

(Let's come up with a list of eight new Legionnaires to replace the seven lost ones and the one who's going to die. Here's mine: XS, Nightwind, the Teen Lantern, Karate Kid III, Power Girl, Kid Quantum, Kent Shakespeare, Flederweb. What do you think? Who are your eight?)

One more thing I want to point out. Who wants a preview of the new Legion Lost series? Because I think I know where you can find one. Here's whatcha do. Go to the message boards on the Comic Book Resources website, the DC message board specifically, and click on either the Legion of Super-Heroes FAQ thread or the Long Live the Legion! thread. And look for any posts by Alastor; there are a few, going back weeks or months.

See, I read something or other about how Fabian Nicieza was supposed to be doing something clever on message boards to promote Legion Lost, and I remembered that this Alastor cove had been posting these fanfictiony nonsequitur posts on these threads. Most tellingly, one of the threads was the Legion FAQ thread, which is moderated, suggesting that whatever was going on, it was with the connivance of the moderator and therefore not just a fanboy goofing around. So my theory is that Nicieza is posting these Alastor things, and the whole thing with Alastor and his sister is some kind of prequel to Legion Lost. Maybe, given the nature of the (at this writing) most recent post, Alastor himself is supposed to be the big villain of the series.

Don't say I never do anything for you guys.

Labels: , , ,

36 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Wildfire relocates to the 20th century,and with a new suit, judging from the cover of LEGION LOST II.Liked the Kirby-krackle-on-legs look he had,but the new suit looks just as slick. Hopefully it will be a lot sturdier.Jo's right--Wildfire constantly getting his suits trashed has gone way beyond old hat.
Maybe with the new suit,Wildfire can upgrade his skill set.Someone who manipulates energy should have learned more to do with that power besides hand-zaps.
It'll be disappointing if Immortus turns out to be the Doom Patrol guy.The Legionverse is populous enough;it doesn't need to be poaching from the rest of the DCU.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Chris Bowden said...

I believe that the new legionaires will pretty much all be made up out of the new academy recruits, that's the vibe I get from what I've read about, here's what Levitz says on Newsarama:

"we're going to try to have, with the Academy kids and the mix of characters that we show, a little more of the classic "Legionnaires as young people" theme".

which sort of discounts the re-introduction of members likes Night Girl, Bouncing Boy or Duplicate Girl.

That being said, I'd love to see Nightwind, Infectious Lass, Kent Shakespeare, A Green Lantern (other than Mon-el, Andromeda, Variable Lad, and Night Girl on the team - I doubt any of them will make the cut. Hopefully no Karate Kid III, he was killed off in the first place because he was so boring. Also, I think it will be Colossal Boy who will kick the bucket, Levitz has never seemed to have much love for him.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Brainy Pirate said...

I've wondered if Gim "the bigger they are the easier they are to hit" is also being set up for the big death. Plenty of folks have pointed out how he's been a joke in combat the entire series.

But Dreamy thinks it's going to be Thom, which means it will actually be Earth Man who died using Thom's power. What do you think of that prediction?

12:39 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Anon: They could always go back to Wildfire's power set from his first story, where he could phase like Phantom Girl and stuff like that.

Chris: I never thought we were going to get Chuck or Luornu back on the team; Levitz already knows what he wants to do with them. I just don't like all the Academy students enough, that's all.

BP: Well, I won't miss Earth-Man if he goes, but a) he's a distinctive enough character that I can see Levitz wanting to hang onto him, and b) the annoying cloud of anticipatory deception that Levitz has created around the whole matter is not something I want to test my predictive abilities against. But I'm not getting the vibe that it's Colossal Boy.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Prof. Lemaris Lang said...

First of all, some full disclosure. I recently suffered an eye injury and (even with magnifiers) I have not been able to read any recent comics, so I bypassed the review portion of your post. But, thanks to Windows Magnifier, I could read your "news" section.

Where did you read Didio's comments? I would lkie to find them.
I'm glad to hear that the biggest change in LOSH is the numbering. Obviously, DC editorial feels that the book is working and doesn't need a massive upheaval.

Regarding the make-up of the LL team. DC's watchword for the relaunch is "diversity". You couldn't get a more diverse group of Legionnaires than this assemblage. And it might give room for new characters from underserved backgrounds.

All in all, I am looking forward to the new books

General Immortus? I didn't see(pun intended) that one coming.

LL

11:16 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Where did you read Didio's comments?

Oh, man, I don't know. Probably on CBR or Newsarama, although it could have been on the dccomics.com blog. Try CBR first.

Get well soon.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have this conspiracy theory that since we know the editors are the ones who gave Nicieza the title, premise AND character lineup, that there may have been a scene at DC editorial where Levitz gave them a list of Legionnaires that he considers 'difficult' to write.

"Here, sure, give these to someone else to launch a new Legion title."

And then he rubbed his hands together gleefully and celebrated not having to waste pagespace knocking out Dawnstar anymore.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

I'd believe that for some, but the idea of Levitz finding Wildfire and Dawnstar difficult to write is one that I can hardly even parse.

12:35 PM  
Blogger M Jay said...

Wow- great insights. I'm nervous about the end of V6, but looking forward to V7 and Legion Lost. I'm fearful that Tel or Jed will die in the finale, both displaying powers similar to Thom's. I wouldn't mind seeing some Legion Academy students join up, but hopefully not just the freshman class. I'd love to see Nightwind and XS find roles, as well as seeing Devlin introduced to this continuity. Celeste could be modified from the Neon model to be their GL legacy rep. And wouldn't Power Girl be a hoot! It would power up the girls side, and make for some character interaction different than Supergirl or Andromeda.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Thanks. No, I don't think they'll kill anyone from the Academy at this stage; too out-of-left-field. And I'd like to see Celeste again, but I'd like to see her as a detective, not an energy-being.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Chris Cottingham said...

Thanks for another great post!

Story too short? Cast getting away from Levitz? Agreed. Plus transitions seem abrupt or non-existent, and the ending just…stops. Has the upcoming relaunch and the editorial dictate to youthify the Legion distracted Paul from writing this story? Even more than the first 6 issues, the characters feel like cardboard, not people. For instance - why doesn't Dreamy react when Harmonia Li shows super-powers? A "real" Dream Girl would ask some questions, or...something other than whine uselessly.

Utopia: these guys invite the wise to join them to become wiser. Harmonia says she came from Earth (iirc) and I saw somewhere (I thought from you?) that Master Khan was Confucius.

I no longer think Blue Space Baby is Krona; now I think he's Krona-spawn. According to a GL excerpt in one of the more recent LSH issues (11, maybe?), Krona is at odds with Ganthet over the issue of emotion. Krona thinks viewing the origin of the universe will explain the emotional spectrum, but the Guardians want to suppress emotion in the name of ORDER. So blue space baby's obsession with CHAOS seems fitting. And he looks like Krona.

Ultra Boy talking about Superman, good. Titanians, deus ex machina, bad. Did we even know refugees were on Colu? I’d rather the Legion have won than guys I didn’t even know were there. Also, I swear, I thought this fight was over at the end of issue 12 and again at the end of 13.

It's ok for Saturn Queen not to do long-range planning, but I'm not happy about it from Levitz. Why introduce a new character like Akka just to kill her? Bah.

On the relaunch: Levitz' and Nicieza's interviews sound ominous. Both reek of editorial mandate. Makes me nervous, but maybe tighter editorial will help Levitz find a direction.

My thought on the Legion Lost group, Matt, was that after finally having a fair bit of "alienness" in the LSH, most of the interesting non-human characters are gone. Apart from Quislet and sort of Chameleon Boy, everybody's basically human now.

Replacements: it seems clear several Academy students will be coming onboard. Nightwind has the most potential of the 'old' Academy students, but has barely been seen. She, Lamprey, and Jed are out. (Weird, since Levitz inexplicably amped Jed's power up to MU Vision-type density control. In the old days he had no defensive ability, now he can be dense enough to resist blasters or disperse to go through stuff. Whatever, he's out.

Of the new kids, while I'm enjoying the Academy run (more than the main book, anyway), I agree they don't seem like LSH material yet. Chemical Kid's still a jerk. Dragonwing seems a good bet to make it, but that's weird. Her power is Fire Lad's, which was supposed to be too dangerous. She looks cool, but I don't have a sense of who she is. I agree with you on Comet Queen (the non-human look is good, but it alone shouldn't make her a Legionnaire). Glorith will make it, but shouldn't. She's already more deus ex machina than the old v3 White Witch ever was. I like Gravity Kid, but he's too much like Star Boy in power and look. And he's another boring white guy from Earth. Variable Lad is interesting, but unless he can pick his power ahead of time, he's a Sub.

Teen Lantern? Who's that?

My prediction (not my picks): Chemical Kid, Dragonwing, Glorith, Gravity Kid, Comet Queen, the new (sigh) Karate Kid, which will mean Sensor Girl comes back...hmm...and either XS or Night Girl. Or the 'teen lantern' if there's going to be one (shudder).

9:31 PM  
Blogger Chris Cottingham said...

I'm sorry, I totally didn't realize how long that was going to be.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

No, that wasn't me with the Confucius thing, although it makes sense. But my question stands: if wisdom enters Utopia but doesn't leave, then who cares if it's there or not? How can you hurt the rest of the galaxy by getting rid of it? Seems like it shouldn't have any effect at all.

The Teen Lantern is Jordana Gardner, a young GL who appeared in an issue of LSH31C.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Brainy Pirate said...

That really was Confucius--his Chinese name is Kong Fu Tzu (Master Kong), and the Coluan guy states that he's 3500 years old, which would be about right for Confucius.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

I actually did know that, but I had previously had his name rendered to me as Kung-Fu-Tzu, so the "Kong" name only made me think of a giant gorilla.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Chris Cottingham said...

But my question stands: if wisdom enters Utopia but doesn't leave, then who cares if it's there or not?

Oh, I agree. I'm positing how it may function - inviting the wise to join them, isn't that the legend Gates referred to? And if Harmonia Li is any judge, some of them may go back out into the universe as teachers. Her teaching Circadia Senius led to time travel between the 20th/21st century and the Legion era, and that's certainly benefited the galaxy.

On the other hand, since then she's let Titan be destroyed and the blue space baby be loosed, and she's been annoying and cryptic for like a year now. And Master Khan isn't wise enough to determine that people showing up uninvited for the first time ever in eons might be worth a little wariness. And we know nothng else about this planet and haven't met any other people.

So, no, not only don't I see how it matters to the universe, I can't say that I care much if it gets pounded.

This is one of my core complaints about this run...neither Colu nor Utopia(yet) seems fully realized enough for me to care that bad things are happening there. Even Titan didn't, and the refugees really haven't been humanized for us at all. So I feel like I'm watching an action movie instead of reading a comic by Paul Levitz who's always written *characters*. Sound and fury, little emotion.

The three things I'd have said Levitz does best is develop characters naturally over time, juggle a large cast, and give enough hints at the wider universe beyond the Legion that the Legion setting feels "real". None of those notes have been hit very well for me in this third run, though.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

And the next step of Saturn Queen's plan is to destory Oa. Which, again, so what? All we'd lose is Sodam Yat and Dyogene and Mon-El, and I'm prepared to wave goodbye to Sodam Yat and Dyogene at any time. Plus Mon-El has survived worse than this. What's the big deal?

12:29 PM  
Anonymous eddie blake said...

the trick is we know that it won't stick...

oa has been blown up before.

rock of eternity has been blown up before

it's only a matter of time or story contrivance before they're rebuilt again, and because we know they can be rebuilt/ remade because they have been rebuilt/remade, it really sucks the life out of the dramatic arc...

4:13 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

That's true of a lot of things, though. What is there that DC can do that has real dramatic weight? Not much these days. That's where the storytelling skill comes in.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith Giffen and Mark Waid collaborating on the Legion?! That would be epic--epic fail or epic win.Either way,it wouldn't be dull,and god knows the Legion can use some excitement nowadays.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Deq Zekker said...

Anon. Yes, this has been rather dull. I would prefer a set of two-issue story arcs with things happening and conclusions, or a mystery being solved over four issues. this is taking too long.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Exactly!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Rob said...

Agree with Deg. Some shorter storylines over 4 or 5 issues with a definite conclusion and wrap up would be good. But isn't that what writers are supposed to do nowadays - write for the trade paperbacks?

I think Dragonwing is a dead cert to join the Legion. As is Glorith (who also ticks the box for diversity). I hope Levitz doesn't let too many of the freshmen onto the team. It just seems silly to reject people like Jed and Lamprey and the people who've been studying at the academy for ages in favour of a really green bunch of newbies. But if the editorial mandate has been to 'youthify' the entire DC universe, then I suspect we shall have the new kids in.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

I'm okay with the Legion skewing younger in membership, and more diverse, but mostly I want the characters involved to be good characters. And I'm not really sold on any of these Academy students yet. New or old. Then again, what do I know; maybe they'll be great.

This business of writing for the trade has come up before, and what I think is this:
- a two-issue story puffed out to take up six issues is no more worthwhile when read all at once than it is when read in monthly increments
- it is possible to have six consecutive done-in-one stories that are linked by theme, plot, character, setting, or some other way
- if your goal is to have six comics that can be published in one volume, there are many ways of allocating stories into those six issues. You can have a six-issue story. You can have six one-issue stories. You can have two three-issue stories. You can have... well, here are the combinations.

6
51
15
411
42
24
114
141
33
321
312
123
132
213
231
3111
1113
1311
1131
2211
2121
2112
1221
1212
1122
11112
11121
11211
12111
21111
111111

Any of those! Just don't waste our time with this decompression stuff.

Having said that, Levitz doesn't tend to like lots of definite endpoints; he likes to keep his whole series on simmer for long periods. I'm fine with that approach, but I'm not yet convinced that this particular series has been done as well as we're used to from him.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Rob said...

Having a combination like 11211 or 111111 isn't writing for a trade publication. Sure, they fit into a trade paperback from the point of view of page count, but comics need to fit together thematically so that they can sold as one package with one title. For example, I just bought the X-Men: Exogenetic trade (I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but I liked the idea of Warren Ellis scribing and Phil Jiminez doing his thang with the art). The whole idea of having some sort of conclusion is that a trade paperback can be a jumping on point for newer fans who haven't been following the last 10, 20 or however many years of continuity.

Marvel seem to be better at packaging stuff together.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Yeah, but I also said that you can have done-in-one stories that are linked thematically or in other ways. Even if it's just by having the same guest artist for six straight issues. That's not writing for the trade, I suppose, but that's okay, as long as you get a viable trade out of it, which you would. Especially if the stories were good, which is the whole object of the exercise in the first place.

(Also, I submit that a good done-in-one story is inherently new-reader-friendly.)

9:00 AM  
Blogger karl said...

just had a thought [its one in the morning and I cant sleep so bear with me...] all this mystery about Professor Li...
Since issue 1 of this latest run theres been vague hints about Flashpoint...could Li and her mystery be connected to the end of this run which is why we have to wait to find out? Could she be a direct/indirect lead-in to Flashpoint and the splitting-up of the team into two?

7:52 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

It's a possibility. Might also tie in to that XS backup story with the mosaic.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous AJay said...

No one has mentioned Harmonia Li's elemental powers. The wind that pushes Nura out of the way or the space rocks knocking on the windows. I'm curious.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Yeah, she seems to have something, but for me it's just another aspect of how we don't know what her deal is.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jim Drew said...

Since I read this this same day as the Birds of Prey late-40s issue with Phantom Lady... why the heck hasn't Brainy ever put together a Black Light generator for Night Girl? Build on the force shield generator to produce a weak shield that polarizes light -- boom, Lydda becomes several times more useful (although then with an added weakness that her generator can be taken out).

At the very least, 20th century history buff Cosmic Boy should have tripped over the idea.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Do you want the internal reason, the meta reason, or the external reason?

The internal reason is probably that black light is a lost technology that Brainy doesn't happen to have stumbled upon.

The meta reason is that superpowers work like they do in the Wild Cards world. The black light generator doesn't work because it was built correctly; it works because it was built by someone with the superpower to build a black light generator that would work even though black light generators don't really work.

The external reason is shut up, that's why.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Chris Roberson news:DC and IDW are teaming up for a mini-series that stars both the Legion and the (original) crew of the starship Enterprise,to be written by Roberson,with art by Jeff and Phil Moy.I'll be first in line for that!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous eddie blake said...

rewind for thought...

ok...i saw the 'immortus grabs invulnerable ultra boy' kinda like that steel-squid guy, and i thought flight-ring to orbit (and back down) would have been the end of it...

BUT

my question is THIS: quislet's in this legion. SO WHERE IS WILDFIRE'S BODY???

he only lost the ability to have a solid projection when quislet was yanked back home, which ain't the case...

so what's the deal with the lame-ass glass containment suit???

inquiring minds wanna know....

4:30 AM  
Anonymous eddie blake said...

drake hadda body, goddamit, and it wasn't like the one from SLSH #299, either....

4:36 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

anonymous: Seriously? Well, that ought to be... uh... that ought to be a comic book about Star Trek and the Legion. Man. I don't know if that works. Roberson I could see, but the Moys? Drawing the Enterprise crew? I don't know about this.

eddie: I don't think it was Quislet's departure that made Wildfire go back to the containment suit. After all, it was a skill that Quislet taught Wildfire that allowed him to go without it. Really I think it was just that Legion writers didn't like Wildfire without the suit, so in-story they just had him lose the knack of how to do that.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home