Monday, February 16, 2009

I Figured It Out!

I just thought of this. Now, please tell me that I'm not the first guy to come up with this comparison, because it seems obvious to me. I would rather think that I'm a lot slower than the rest of the comics-reading internet than that I'm the only guy who sees this.

You know who Superboy-Prime is? As in, you know what other character has gone through the same arc that he's in the middle of?

He's Faith, from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. That's exactly who he is!

I like that. I'm going to go think about it some more and see what the implications are.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger snell said...

By Jove, I think he's got it!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger pibegardel said...

How many people did she kill (as compared to SBPrime that is)?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Not that many. Two that I can think of off the top of my head, plus she was complicit in the deaths of quite a few others. But it's not about the numbers.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Yeah, I guess I can see it. With Cyborg Super man as Prime's Mayor/father figure? I didn't read Sinestro Wars, so I'm not sure on that part.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Or Luthor?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Yeah, that completely makes sense, although imagine Faith with the ability to move planets!

*Shudder*

1:32 PM  
Blogger anthonyriva said...

I see your point, but I just can't sympathize with Prime the way I did with Faith... I'm not sure why that is, but now I need to go back and re-read IC and Sinestro Wars to see him in a new light.

I'm hoping L3W convinces me he's capable of remorse. Because we've spent quite a few years with Prime in his current state and right now I'm only capable of seeing him as a super-brat who needs to be put down for the sake of the universe/multi-verse or whatever.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Paul: See, that's my point. I think Superboy-Prime is Faith with the power to move planets. And we're seeing it.

Anthony: Well, Faith was shown to be troubled by the way she was, which made her more sympathetic. We haven't seen that from Prime yet.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home