Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Links: Comparing DC and Marvel

I'm fascinated* by these comparisons and am going to start keeping track of them all. If you know of any other good ones out there, please let me know and I'll pile 'em in here.

Reporting on Marvels and Legends: Let's Keep It Clean, People

Occasional Superheroine: The Eternal Debate: DC Or Marvel? Boxers or Briefs? Coffee or Tea?

The Absorbascon: Is the blogosphere lopsided?

The Absorbascon: The Difference between DC and Marvel

Pretty, Fizzy Paradise: DC versus Marvel: My preferences

kphil: DC Versus Marvel (or Transcendence Versus Fate)

The Absorbascon: Action for... THE MIND!

Whereof One Can Speak: DC? Don't Care. Make Mine Marvel!**

Filing Cabinet of the Damned: Origins of a Marvel Fanboy

Filing Cabinet of the Damned: Character Versus World and Suchlike

Exercise in Futility: On Hope

Brainfreeze: Comic Love: Am I a Marvel Blogger?

A Trout in the Milk: Flashback! To "The Difference Between Marvel and DC..."

Howling Curmudgeons: Out of Many, One


* But without taking sides. 100% of my comic book fandom may go to DC, but I'm not pretending that that's any reflection on Marvel. It's just where my affection happens to lie.

** This is the post that first collected many of these links and spurred me to create this list. Thanks.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

You missed a couple. Brainfreeze and Canton both posted on this back in June.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

Thanks. I'll check 'em out.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this post is nearly a year old but it's a fantastic index and I was reminded of it when I saw Big Mike's recent comparison of DC (creating and preserving the social order) and Marvel (critiquing societal ills) whose perspectives reflect their historical origins in the New Deal versus the 60s.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to leave the link for Mike's post.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home