Thursday, October 19, 2006

Links: Discussions of Class in Mainstream Superhero Comics

I didn't want to do this, but I've been finding the discussions really interesting, so:

Discussions of Class in Mainstream Superhero Comics:

Legion Abstract: Maybe Gates Had a Point All Along

The Roar of Comics: The People's Superman

The Roar of Comics: The Myth of "Who's Your Daddy?"

Frequential: Class Conflicts

A Trout in the Milk: Flashback! To "Kings in Disguise..."

The Absorbascon: Class, Dismissed

A Trout in the Milk: Flashback! To "Flashback...!"

The Roar of Comics: Plutocrat

If you can think of any I missed, please mention them in the Comments section.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cole Moore Odell said...

Thanks for doing this, Matthew. Your Gates post is probably my favorite on the subject.

Ah, Gates. What a great character.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

My pleasure. I'm looking forward to seeing what other smart things people come up with.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah man, now I actually have to read all that. Why can't someone write a SHORT post on superheroes and class?

(oh wait, three of those are mine! And they're all real long. dang it)

Anyway, WOOT! Let's get it started!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Matthew E said...

No, no: now you actually get to read all that.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home